The Forney 180 ST+ Stick/TIG Welder is a versatile machine that features pulse welding to enable welding on thin materials and out of position. It’s portable, easy to use, AC generator-friendly, and features innovative inverter technology – making this one of the most efficient machines in the market. This powerful, dual-voltage stick/TIG welder also allows you to work wherever 120V and 240V power is available. Ideal for many applications including do-it-yourself (DIY) projects, farm & ranch, maintenance and repair, and light industrial work.
Why pulse weld? Pulse welding alternates between the set output amperage and a reduced amperage. This allows the weld puddle to cool and solidify during each low amp cycle. Benefits of pulse welding include being able to out of position weld, welding thin material, and more visually appealing results.
- Stick Welding (SMAW/SMAW-P)
- TIG Welding (GTAW/GTAW-P) – Requires a TIG torch with a gas valve in the handle (sold separately)
FOR USE ON
- Mild Steel | Sheet Metal
- Stainless Steel
- Lift Arc TIG capable. Requires TIG Torch (Forney ITEM# 85659).
- Output Power: 80A/180A
- Input Voltage: 120V/240V
- Electrode Diameter: Up to 5/32”
- Plate Thickness: Up to 3/8”
- Duty Cycle (Stick): 120V: 30% @ 80A | 240V: 25% @ 180A
- Duty Cycle (TIG): 120V: 30% @ 80A | 240V: 25% @ 180A
- Amperage Range (TIG): 120V: 10A-80A | 240V: 10A-180A
- Amperage Range (Stick): 120V: 10A-80A | 240V: 10A-180A
- Phase: Single
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Certification: CSA listed
- Connection Gas Need: 100% Argon
- Not recommended for aluminum welding
- Warranty: 3-year (power source)
- Dual-Voltage: Provides the operator flexibility for where their machine can be used.
- Built Tough: Constructed with an all-metal case, built tough to take on the day to day.
- Pulse Welding: Enables welding on thin materials and out of position.
- Simple and Easy to Use Controls: Saves time and energy setting up each weld.
- Forney 180 ST+ Stick/TIG Welder
- 6ft power cable
- 8ft stick electrode holder
- 8ft ground cable and clamp
- 120V-240V adapter cord
UNIT DIMENSIONS (OUT OF THE BOX)
- Unit Weight: 11.9 lbs. (5,4 Kg)
- Unit Dimensions: 10.75” (273 mm) x 6.25” (159 mm) x 15” (380 mm)
There are no reviews yet.